How many of us LOVE getting dressed to the nines and heading out on the town during the festive season? A bit of sparkle, a fabulous pair of shoes and a killer dress all make for the perfect party look.
All too often we’ll spend hours, or even days, searching for the perfect outfit for that special festive event, only to leave our beauty look to the last minute. This party season make sure you plan ahead to ensure your pout is perfectly polished too.
A statement lip is the look to be seen in this Winter (nude is sooo out now), so here are my top tips on which shades to choose and how to make your lips last !
Shades of Red
Red lips is an iconic Hollywood look for a reason; it’s glamorous, sensuous and feminine. Keep the rest of your make-up pared back if you’re going for a strong lip shade; neutral eyes, a little blush and then allow your lip colour to give the real WOW factor!
I love the new ‘Red Carpet’ lipstick from the colour me beautiful make-up range for a show-stopping look, it is great for those with a Cool colouring or those with Dramatic personalities so it isn’t a look for everyone. But don’t despair, there really is a red for everyone …
Want to know more? Take a look at this 15 second video to see if you can find your perfect colour.
Long Lasting Lips
- Keeping your lip colour in place all evening can be a challenge for some, but with the right application techniques and products, it needn’t be…
- Gently exfoliate your lips using a specially formulated lip scrub.
- Apply a non-greasy lip balm to soothe and moisturise your lips.
- Apply colour me beautiful lip base prime your lips, help your lipstick stay in place and reduce feathering.
- Select a colour me beautiful lip pencil in your ideal shade, line and fill your lips in.
- Finally apply your favourite colour me beautiful lipstick and voila!
If you are lucky enough to live in the UK you can just click here or on the above links and order direct, taking advantage of my discounts! Otherwise contact me as I stock a large range of make-up at all times.
Make sure you have the perfect red lips for that kiss under the mistletoe so if you’re still unsure which lipstick shade to go for, click here and get in touch with me for some advice!